Aureus Law Partners is a multi-disciplinary law firm driven to provide comprehensive legal and tax assistance to both domestic and international clients.
Aureus Law Partners offers a wide variety of services including in the areas of corporate & commercial laws, litigation, arbitration and taxation (direct and indirect). We have our presence in New Delhi, Mumbai, Dehradun, Haldwani, and Bhopal.
The Firm serves as a one stop destination, where both legal and tax solutions are provided seamlessly. The integrated team of lawyers have over the years worked on high stake domestic and international transactions including cross border transactions.
The Firm lays emphasis on having a single point contact for its clients to meet their specific needs, resulting in seamless functioning and timely delivery of assignments. The Firm is committed to provide real business impact for our stakeholders by keeping our clients’ interests front and center in every engagement.
Business advantages that supplement Firm’s strong advisory and consulting experience as a law firm are a robust in house tax practice and a strong in house litigation background. The Chairman of the Partnership committee has more than 20 years of litigating experience, supported by a capable and numerically superior in house litigation team
We maintain a constant stage of dialogue amongst various teams in relation the advisory services that we render thus delivering holistic views. Our litigation, corporate and taxation expertise also ensures that various perspectives are brought to bear on each assignment.
The professionals in the Firm have a repertoire of rich industry knowledge, technical acumen and have continually delivered practical and implementable solutions. The Firm offers a wide variety of services including in the areas of corporate & commercial laws, infrastructure laws, banking and finance, litigation, arbitration and taxation (direct and indirect) and insurance. With offices in Mumbai, Haldwani, Dehradun and Bhopal, apart from Delhi, the Firm pro- vides premier legal advisory and litigation assistance at par with tier one law firms.
In order to meet the requirements of various Clients to meet the complexities of large and complex infrastructure, engineering and construction projects and con- tracts, the Firm has well equipped departments with senior resources in these areas. Mr. Abhishek Dutta, the Chief Executive & Partner; Ms. Rashmi Chaudhury, Executive Partner; and Ms. Uttara Babbar, Counsel, have extensive knowledge and experience in large projects and contracts. The department is further strengthened by Mr. Niki Kantawala (Chairman and Executive Partner), a specialist in dispute resolution and commercial laws, and Mr. Viineet V Srivastav (Executive Partner), a specialist in corporate and commercial laws and high- way projects. A credible team of lawyers is available to supports the core team.
As a part of knowledge management, the Firm publishes a monthly newsletter and alerts, named tax and corporate law changes to keep its associates and clients updated about the recent changes and amendments in law.
Also, as an innovative solution to basic contractual needs of businesses our specific technical team is working on automation of contracts.
Team & Management
The team of Aureus Law Partners operates as an integrated team under the overall executive and operational direction of Mr. Abhishek Dutta.
The composition of our leadership team is as follow:
1. Abhishek Dutta
2. Niki Kantawala
3. Rashmi Chaudhury
4. Viineet V. Srivastav
1. Uttara Babbar
2. Bhavin Patel
4. Hemant Krishna
1. Satyender Chahar
2. Suresh Uniyal
3. Chinmay Agarwal
Supported by more than 15 associates and senior associates.
Customers & Projects
The Firm is working with some of the key players in different sectors. An illustrative list of our clients is as follows:
• Abhijeet Group,
• Akhit Constructions
• Ansal API,
• Construction Industry Development Council
• Delhi Duty Free
• Delhi International Airport Limited
• GVK Industries,
• Herd MFPL
• ICICI Bank
• IDFC Bank
• IL&FS group entities,
• Indigo Airlines
• Indus Towers
• Indorama Corporation
• Mizuho Bank
• MMI Online
• Mortice Group
• New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
• Nexleaf Analytics
• Renew Power
• Su-Kam Energy Systems
• Sudhir Genset
• Times Internet
• UM Green
• VSPM - Academy of Higher Education
• Wipro Limited
Assignments completed in the recent past
• Completed 2000 acres of land acquisition for one the largest solar power company.
• Worked on an acquisition of the Indian Company by a foreign investor through sale of shares of the Indian Company. We have provided corporate and tax advice on the structure of the transaction. We are providing documentation support to the Promoters and the Company.
• Advised on setting up subsidiary/Project Office in India. The Firm was involved in structuring a business model for the Company and advising on day to day operations of the company. The Scope of work involved advising on setting up a subsidiary/acquiring a company in India / establishing Project Office.
• Advised a multinational to setup its office in India. The Firm has advised on the business structure.
• Assisted a power generation company in relation to power purchase agreements with an entity situated in Africa. The scope of work included review of the PPA from Indian law perspective.