TerraSmart, the industry leader in turnkey solar mounting, unveiled its revolutionary TF2 fixed-tilt ground-mount racking system at Intersolar North America
The next-generation TF2 racking system combines a revolutionary racking system with the widely deployed and versatile TerraSmart ground-screw foundation, making it the go-to racking solution for whatever difficult soil conditions an installer faces. In addition, TerraSmart's TF2 racking solution offers installers an additional 30 percent in cost reductions on foundation installations.
"The TF2 allows me to meet more aggressive construction schedules because of its ability to work on any surface and its ease of installation," said Chris Perron, Vice President, EPC at Nexamp. "Regardless of a project site's subsurface conditions, I know I can go with the TF2 and be able to deliver a project on time and on budget. TerraSmart's integrated project management team and solutions have been critical to our ability to successfully execute on a growing pipeline of development and third party EPC projects with short construction durations."
TerraSmart's innovative engineers designed the TF2 with installers in mind, incorporating the most sought-after features culled from customer feedback over six years and 1 gigawatt of installed capacity. As a result, the TF2 provides customers with the most efficient racking system on the market. Features of the TF2 include:
- Faster installation times with 66 percent less hardware than TerraSmart's previous rack and far fewer than its competitors' offerings, as well as integrated electrical bonding
- Integrated wire management: TF2's Smart-C accommodates cables to provide hassle-free wire management.
- Simplified hardware stack: Threaded inserts and two-part hardware stacks make connecting TF2 components easier and quicker than ever.
- Lighter design: The TF2's lighter yet stiffer components make it safer and easier to handle onsite and enables more economical shipping.
- The TF2 has passed the exacting standards of UL 2703 Edition 1, complies with the NEC and has undergone wind-tunnel tests.
"Our new TF2 rack builds upon years of proven installation success on hilly, undulating terrain to accelerate project timelines and reduce project costs," said Ryan Reid, TerraSmart founder and president. "With slope capabilities up to 36 percent, the TF2 minimizes pre-construction civil work and potential delays frequently encountered while excavating previously untouched soils."
TerraSmart is North America's leader in solar racking, engineering, design and manufacturing of turnkey, ground mount racking solutions for commercial to utility-scale solar projects. With decades of experience in structural engineering and aluminum and steel fabrication and more than 1 gigawatt installed, TerraSmart delivers the most technologically advanced solar racking solutions in the industry.